Attending: SarahBailey, , and .
Frank displayed several signs
- We can have several logos: banner logos, website logos, t-shirt logos, and color logos.
- start out simple - monochrome, made for black and white printing.
- Would be nice to have the banner able to hang from a table (2'x6' or 3'x6').
- Frank will send out email to the general mailing list, including the logos.
Thoughts on the logos
- Everyone liked the group name curved around the earth with a rocket blasting through it. Variants on that logo were sketched on the white board.
- The banner logo should scream "Rockets!" to someone who isn't currently involved in the group. Other logos can be more obscure.
- It's generally better to have the full group name on the banner, rather than just "PSAS". Several votes went to the logo that had a rocket shooting through a vertical stack of the words "Portland State Aerospace Society" such that PSAS was separated out.
- We'd like to avoid logos that look too phallic.
Questions for banner production
- Size? Specifically, do we have a set size, or one set dimension?
- Aspect ratio?
- Extra $ for logos?
- Who do we talk to get a banner?
- What input formats do they take? (e.g. svg, illustrator, bunch of 8"x11" paper taped together)