Requirements for Launch, due May 4th, 2003
Phase I: "Go/No Go" Requirements
- GPS spits out data to CAN.
- IMU spits out data to CAN.
- Pwr node works as spec'd (turns power on and off, sends V/I measurements, ?RocketReady, etc.).
- ATV system works as spec'd except for overlay (DNI camera mounting/prism).
- Slot antennas are tuned, RF sub-systems (ATV, GPS, 802.11b) operational.
- Pyrotechnic board has battery backup, failsafe timer, firing circuits & receives 2m emergency uplink commands.
- Flight Computer Software:
- Logs all CAN packets.
- Powers up rocket.
- Interacts with ground control to assert rocketready (includes self test).
- Routes some packets (TBD) to ground.
- Detects launch (launch detect) using GPS, Z axis accel & umb cord.
- Starts failsafe timer on FC and on pyro board
- Takes 802.11b commands to fire pyros
Phase II: "Would be nice if" (prioritized)
- ATV overlay system displays GPS position & FC status.
- More full statemachine (boost, coast, etc.)
- GPS/INS code on FC.